By intergrating the best of class CAD/CAM systems, Keller has created a zirconia crown that delivers on price, fit, strength and esthetics. KZ3® zirconia crowns will reduce chair time and save money. It's a world class crown that offers superb value.
- Exceptional strength: Greater flexural strength than any other all-ceramic available.
- Excellent esthetics: No black lines or gingival graying. Semi-transparent with a high opacity to mask underlying tooth discoloration, metal cores and implant abutments.
- Outstanding marginal fit: Seating time was reduced an average of 25% compared to PFM units in Keller's test group.
- Biocompatible: No allergic reactions or tissue irritation.
- Cementable: Use your favorite cementation material and protocol.
- Crowns over implants
- Inlays and onlays
What to Send
- Upper and lower models or impressions
- Bite registration
Recent research has shown that saliva contamination can hinder the bonding of solid zirconia and zirconia oxide copings. To successfully remove saliva, it is now suggested that after try-in and before priming, the crown should be cleaned with Ivoclean, a zirconia oxide solution from Ivoclar.
The suggested protocol is:
- Try in KZ3 or zirconia-based restoration.
- Rinse saliva out of restoration with water.
- Place Ivoclean in restoration for 20 seconds, rinse and dry.
- Apply Primer and then cement with product of your choice.
Cement KZ3 for Comfort and Convenience
If you've been avoiding zirconia all ceramic crowns because of bonding concerns, your wait is over.
Compared to bonding, conventional cementation saves chair time while offering other benefits including reduced post-op sensitivity, convenient capsule dispensing, and easy intra-oral clean-up.
Dentists report success using any cement that has an auto-cure or dual-cure feature. Light-cure only products are not recommended because many lights are not powerful enough to cure material thru the zirconia core.
Based on our customer surveys, 3M's Rely X Unicem and GC's Fujicem are the most popular cements. Dr. Jeffery Harmon of Jasper, IN, has done over 200 KZ3 cases. He uses GC's Fujicem glass ionomer. "It has a fluoride release, is easy to clean up and has an auto mix tip which works well," he said.
Have a question about KZ3? Email Keller.