OSA Educational Opportunities
Fundamentals of Dental
Sleep Medicine- Live Courses
Sleep Apnea Device
TAP® 3 & TAP® Elite
Sleep apnea is the temporary cessation of breathing during sleep. Typically indicated by snoring, often times sufferers will awake gasping for breath. Apnea related disturbances occur repeatedly, resulting in a restless sleep and daytime drowsiness. This disease can cause serious health issues including increased blood pressure and the restriction of oxygen to the brain and blood stream.
How it Works
TAP® is made of two custom inter-occlusal parts that fit over the mandible and the maxilla. The upper portion of the device hooks into the lower portion, enabling the mandible to be pulled forward. Using a dial mechanism, the appliance is titratable allowing adjustment to determine the degree to which the jaw is held forward. By holding the mandible forward, the TAP maintain a clear airway to reduce snoring and improve breathing.
New TAP® Elite allows more lateral movement, improving patient comfort and compliance.
- Alleviate Sleep Apnea: Research shows it is the most successful obstructive sleep apnea treatment available.
- Reduce Snoring: More than 96% of patients using the appliance have stopped snoring.
- Improve patient's sleep: The quality of their sleep has a huge impact on the overall quality of your patient's life.
- Anti-snoring device
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- CPAP Intolerance
- Loose teeth or dentures
- Central Sleep Apnea
What to Send
- Full upper and lower VPS impressions
- Centric bite registration
- Maximum protrusive measurement
Dr. Paul McLornan, an assistant Professor at the University of Texas, recently completed a 2 year study of TAP and sleep apnea. Click here for a news story about the study.
TAP is Bisphenol A Free
Have a question about TAP? Email Keller.