OSA Educational Opportunities
Fundamentals of Dental
Sleep Medicine- Live Courses
Sleep Apnea Device
EMA® is a simple, patient-friendly oral appliance for noninvasive treatment of snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Sleep Apnea is the temporary cessation of breathing during sleep. Sleep Apnea sufferers will often snore or awake gasping for breath. Apnea-related disturbances occur repeatedly, resulting in restless sleep and daytime drowsiness. The disease can cause serious health issues including increased blood pressure and the restriction of oxygen to the brain and blood stream. EMA is relatively less expensive than other oral appliance therapy for sleep apnea.
How it Works:
The primary treatment mechanism of opening the bite and gently moving the mandible forward is achieved using interchangeable elastic straps that offer varying degrees of mandibular advancement. By holding the mandible forward, the EMA maintains a clear airway to reduce snoring and improve breathing.
• Simple: Unobtrusive solution for OSA treatment
• Comfortable: Elastic Straps provide unsurpassed lateral movement
• Affordable: Lower cost than many other Oral Appliance Therapies
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Severe bruxing
- Edentulous Patient
- Centric Sleep Apnea
What to Send
- Full upper and lower VPS impressions
- Centric bite registration with 8-10mm anterior opening
- Maximum Protrusive Measurement
Have a question about EMA? Email Keller.