More Brawn Than Beauty
BruxZir® Total Zirconia Crowns from Keller Laboratories are a new option for posterior restorations. With these virtually unbreakable all-ceramic crowns, you can provide your patients the strength to withstand severe parafunctional activity and avoid metal restorations. BruxZir is a full contoured zirconia crown or bridge with no porcelain overlay. It is glazed with a smooth surface but designed specifically for the posterior
with more emphasis on brawn than beauty. Tougher than your average crown, BruxZir restorations are sintered for 12 hours at 1,530 degrees creating a nearly indestructible material.
Ideal for bruxers & grinders who have destroyed other restorations.
• An esthetic alternative to posterior PFMs with metal occlusals and full-cast
• Made with biocompatible medical-grade zirconia.
• Monolithic material makes the restoration completely chip-proof.
• Fabricated using CAD/CAM technology for consistent fit.
• Resin reinforced glass ionomer cement (RelyX, 3M ESPE; GCFuji Plus, GC America)
• Resin cements for short or over-tapered preparations (Unicem, 3M ESPE)
- Shoulder preparation not needed, feather edge is okay.
- It is a conservative preparation similar to full cast gold.
- 1.0mm of occlusal space is ideal, however a prep with at least 0.5mm is acceptable.
Recent research has shown that saliva contamination can hinder the bonding of solid zirconia and zirconia oxide copings. To successfully remove saliva, it is now suggested that after try-in and before priming, the crown should be cleaned with Ivoclean, a zirconia oxide solution from Ivoclar.
The suggested protocol is:
- Try in BruxZir or zirconia-based restoration.
- Rinse saliva out of restoration with water.
- Place Ivoclean in restoration for 20 seconds, rinse and dry.
- Apply Primer and then cement with product of your choice.
- D2740 Crown - Porcelain/Ceramic Substrate
- D6245 Pontic Porcelain/Ceramic
- D6740 Abutment Crown Porcelain/Ceramic
Have a question about BruxZir? Email Keller.