Znext™ Anterior Zirconia
Znext™ Anterior Full Contour Zirconia from Keller Laboratories is a new option for anterior restorations. With these anterior crowns you can provide your patients more strength than a traditional lithium disilicate crown and more esthetics than a posterior all-ceramic crown. Znext is a full contoured zirconia crown or bridge with no porcelain overlay. It is glazed with a smooth surface but designed specifically for the anterior with emphasis on translucency and natural color while maintaining flexural strength that is tougher than your average lithium disilicate, Znext crowns are sintered for 12 hours at 1,530 degrees.
- Better translucency and natural color than traditional zirconia
- Available for 3 unit bridges up to second premolar
- Flexural strength of 650 MPa – greater than that of pressed ceramics like lithium disilicate
- Made with biocompatible medical-grade zirconia
- Monolithic material makes the restoration completely chip proof
- Fabricated using Cad/Cam technology for consistent fit
- Resin reinforced glass ionomer cement (RelyX, 3M ESPE GCFuji Plus, GC America)
- Resin cements for short or over-tapered preparations (Unicem, 3M ESPE
- Shoulder preparation not needed, feather edge is okay
- Conservative preparation similar to full cast gold
- 1.0mm of occlusal space is ideal, however a prep with at least 0.5mm is acceptable
Recent research has shown that saliva contamination can hinder the bonding of solid zirconia and zirconia oxide copings. To successfully remove saliva, it is suggested that after try-in and before priming, the crown should be cleaned with Ivoclean, a zirconia oxide solution from Ivoclar.
The suggested protocol is:
- Try in Znext or zirconia-based restoration
- Rinse saliva out of the restoration with water
- Place Ivoclean in restoration for 20 seconds, rinse and dry
- Apply primer and them cement with product of your choice.
Keller can accept your digital scans for Znext, click here to learn more. Single unit crowns up to three unit bridges to the second premolar are also available for Znext without a model to save time and money!